Allan Line steamship built 1884 at Glasgow by Govan Shipbuilding Co. The Carthaginian was the identical sister of the S/S Siberian which was built the same year. The Carthaginian mainly sailed with emigrants and other passengers between Glasgow or Liverpool to Quebec and Halifax. She was in service for the Allan Line from 1884 till 1915 when she was taken over by Canadian Pacific. On this image the ships is seen at the Princes' dock, Glasgow.
This image is from an old postcard.
For more ship history see: S/S Carthaginian