Estonia - ex Czar

Starting at: $7.00

This steamship was built by Barclay & Curle at Glasgow 1912 as the "Czar" for the Russian American Line. She first sailed on the Libau - New York service, then on the New York - Archangel service. In 1917 she became under British management. In 1921 she was renamed "Estonia" for the Baltic American Line (Danish). In 1930 she was transferred to the Polish Transatlantic Line and renamed "Pulaski". In 1935 she was transferred to the Gdynia America Line. In 1946 she became the "Empire Penryn" for British owners. Scrapped at Blyth in 1949. This image is from an old photo postcard.

Available formats:

Media Format












Add to Cart:

        
Copyright © 2017 Heritage-Ships. Powered by Zen Cart