Arcadian (1) - ex Otrona

Starting at: $7.00

Royal Mail Line Line steamship built 1899 by Vickers Armstrong at Barrow-in-Furness for the Pacific Steam Navigation Company as the "Ortona". In 1906 she was acquired by the Royal Mail Steam Packet Co. together with the rest of the Pacific Steam Navigation Company Australian fleet. Converted to a cruise ship and renamed "Arcadian" in 1910. in 1915 she became a and was used as a headquarters ship for Sir Ian Hamilton at Gallipoli. In 1917 she was torpedoed in the Eastern Mediterranean while en-route from Salonika to Alexandria with troops with the loss of 279 lives. The image if from an old photo postcard.

Available formats:

Media Format










Add to Cart:

        
Copyright © 2017 Heritage-Ships. Powered by Zen Cart